Our Memory Tree is an olive tree (symbolising peace and harmony) and is a simple, beautiful tribute to the memory of a lost loved one.
Our Memory Tree sits at the heart of the Hospice, offering a place to honour and remember the lives of relatives and friends. Seen daily by all who come to St Clare, it’s hand-carved trunk and branches feature hundreds of bronze, silver and gold leaves, each bearing the name of someone special.
“From the moment we walked into St Clare’s it was just like every single thing you could possibly worry about was taken away. Our life would have been so different without the help of St Clare’s and I believe everyone should have the opportunity to experience their amazing care.”
How your Memory Tree dedication helps St Clare Hospice
It costs over £4 million each year to provide our vital services, and with limited NHS funding, we need to fundraise most of this. We therefore rely on our local community to help us raise money each year so we can continue being there for local families facing one of the most difficult journeys in life.
£85 could pay for five hours of counselling support for a bereaved family.
£256 could pay for eight home visits from one of our clinical nurse specialists.
£592 could pay for 24 hours of care for a patient in our Inpatient Unit.
Make your dedication to a loved one now
We offer three types of leaf and ask for a suggested donation for each leaf you order. Your leaf(s) will stay on our Memory Tree for a year, after which you will be offered the chance to renew it or have it returned to you as a keepsake. You can donate for the entire year up front, or as twelve monthly smaller donations by direct debit.
Monthly Direct Debit
Please read the Memory Tree terms and conditions below, and click the button to order your Memory Tree leaf. By ordering a leaf you are agreeing to the terms below. You will then be transferred to our secure ordering system to choose your leaf and make a donation.
Terms & conditions
- On receipt of your order form your request will be granted subject to approval of the inscription, availability of leaves and remaining space being available on the Memory Tree.
- St Clare reserves the right to refuse any application at its discretion.
- St Clare Hospice retains complete control over the location and dates of installation of all leaves on the Memory Tree.
- Leaves are bronze, silver and gold in colour.
- Each leaf can only hold up to 26 characters including spaces.
- Only one name is permitted per leaf.
- The name engraved on your leaf will appear exactly as entered so please check spelling carefully.
- In exceptional circumstances St Clare reserves the right to relocate the Memory Tree.