Calling all local businesses – small and big! – take up our £50 Challenge!
Do you own a local business? No matter how big or small, we need you!
Could you put your entrepreneurial skills and business acumen to the test by taking up the St Clare ‘£50 Challenge’?
Take part in our annual fundraising investment initiative and compete with other local businesses to grow your £50 seed funding stake into as healthy a profit as possible for St Clare. Whether you are a small or big local business, you can help St Clare to invest in the compassionate care we provide free of charge to local people by taking part in our £50 challenge this Spring!
We can provide you with £50 to get you started, and then it is over to you to use your business acumen and innovation skills to grow that seed funding into a healthy profit for the Hospice over 12 weeks.
From Saffron Walden, down to Buckhurst Hill, we want all our local businesses to get their game-face on and compete to raise as much as possible for their local Hospice. The winning businesses will be celebrated at our £50 Challenge awards ceremony in 2018, as well as getting their business in the spotlight for a very good cause.
New for 2017, the St Clare £50 Challenge will invite local schools to participate for the first time – with businesses getting the opportunity to mentor local students and assist the pupils in growing their own investments.
Taking part is not only a great way to involve your employees and clients in a fun and enterprising initiative in aid of a cause they care about, but can benefit your business too.
The £50 Challenge will give your business the chance to:
- Increase awareness of your business by linking with a well-respected local charity
- The opportunity to fulfil your CSR objectives
- The chance to motivate your team and boost staff morale through charitable activities
- Potentially engage your employees in skills-based volunteering with young people
We have plenty of ideas to help you grow your £50 investment, just check out our Community Fundraising Pack for a whole host of fundraising activities. Here’s our handy A-Z of fun things you could do to grow your investment…
What are other companies doing?
Good question! While we can’t reveal everything that this years competitors are up to, here are a couple ideas from the companies signed up so far:
Holisticare – holisticare.co.uk
Specialists in Myofascial Release based in Hatfield Broad Oak and long term supporters of St Clare (and past winners of the £50 Challenge!)
- Art competition – starting April 1st – draw round your hand, cut out and decorate one side – £1 min donation per hand.
- Friday 30th June Quiz at Hatfield Broad Oak Village Hall – bar, raffle
Mode Beauty Therapy – modebeauty.co.uk
Based in Loughton, Mode specialises in skin care treatments such as laser hair removal, anti-ageing treatments, electrolysis and the treatment of acne. They also offer a full range of facial, body and natural beauty therapies.
- “Make a donation” on top of your bill which will be added to the Challenge Fund
- Guess how many testers are in the jar
- Cake sale
- Themed fancy dress day
- Wear flip flops after having a pedicure
- Some of the girls will be going to a local retirement home to do manicure
Scher & Ward – scherandward.co.uk
A local Independent Opticians in Loughton & Westcliff established in 1984, providing the Highest Level of Eye care and specialising in Contact Lenses.
- Hosting a jar filled with contact lenses and people can guess how many is in there (sounds impossible right!).
What will you do?
Running from Monday 3 April to Friday 30 June, the 2017 £50 Challenge is open to all local businesses across West Essex and East Herts.
The £50 Youth Social Action Challenge will run from Monday 4 September to Friday 15 December. St Clare Hospice will be brokering the mentoring opportunities between businesses and schools. Due to the high demand expected, schools’ partnerships will be allocated to businesses on a first come, first served basis.