Based: At St Clare Hospice, Hastingwood.
Hours: Ideally a shift would be between 10am-2pm and shifts are available Monday to Friday.
Why we need you:
To support the Retail Distribution team with administrative tasks as required by the Head of Retail.
What you will be doing:
You will work under the guidance of the Head of Retail on:
- Dealing with telephone queries from customers, donors and St Clare shop teams
- Scheduling collections and deliveries
- General office admin and filing
Skills, experience and qualities required:
We are looking for confident, friendly, reliable, hard working, adaptable person who is willing to learn and happy to work as part of a team. You should be:
- Proficient level of IT skills and confident telephone manner are essential.
- Able to work independently and manage your own workload.
What you can expect from the role:
You will work alongside the Head of Retail and eBay Volunteers as well as handling telephone queries from donors, customers and the St Clare Retail Team. The Head of Retail will support you in your volunteer role by providing information, advice and help to develop your skills.
Benefits you can expect:
- You will meet new people
- This is an ideal opportunity to develop your office, IT and admin skills helping you get back on the job ladder, or make good use of your time after retirement
- We will value your time and aim to make the best possible use of your skills
- Your support will make a difference and help St Clare Hospice provide vital hospice services to local people
How to apply:
When contacting St Clare, please state clearly which volunteer vacancy you are applying for.
You will be asked to complete an application form, provide two referees and to attend an informal interview. If appropriate you will be asked to submit an application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) for disclosure of any records they hold about you.