Based: Based at any of the St Clare Hospice shops.
Hours: A minimum commitment of 4 hours (one shift) a week.
Why we need you:
Our shops exist to raise income for and awareness of St Clare and rely upon dedicated teams of volunteers.
What you will be doing:
You will work under the guidance of the shop manager as part of a team of volunteers helping to ensure the smooth running of the shop. Duties may include:
- Serving customers
- Operating the till
- Sorting, sizing, pricing and steaming stock
- Replenishing stock
- Tidying and cleaning the shop
- You will have contact with the general public and from other members of the St Clare retail team
Skills, experience and qualities required:
- No experience is required as full training will be given
- We are looking for friendly, reliable, hard working, adaptable people who are willing to learn and are happy to work as part of a team
Support you will be given:
You will work alongside other shop volunteers and the shop manager who will support you in your role by providing information, advice and help to develop your skills
Benefits you can expect:
- The chance to meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team at the heart of your local community
- The opportunity to gain retail experience with a dedicated team of volunteers
How to apply:
When contacting St Clare, please state clearly which volunteer vacancy you are applying for.
You will be asked to complete an application form, provide two referees and to attend an informal interview. If appropriate you will be asked to submit an application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) for disclosure of any records they hold about you.