Here we provide access to information, guidelines and tools related to symptom management and other aspects of palliative care that you may find useful.
If you have specific questions or concerns about a particular patient, please do not hesitate to contact our 24 Hour Advice Line.
Key documents and information
- Palliative Care Formulary, developed by West Essex CCG and St Clare Hospice
- St Clare Hospice Pain diary
- Primary Care medication guidelines for anticipatory last days of life
- St Clare Hospice guide to equivalent doses for opioid medications use in cancer pain
- Patient Information Leaflets about Managing Breathlessness from the Breathlessness Intervention Service
- Guidelines for the Rehabilitation of Patients with Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC) in the Community
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Oncology and Palliative Care
- Reference Guide for Allied Healthcare Professionals working with people with Rapidly Progressing Neurological Disease
- The National Palliative Care Research Centre is a helpful source of measurement and evaluation tools
Guidelines for Symptom Management and End of Life Care
Please find below our information and guidance on a range of topics related to palliative care, including symptom management. This guidance has been adapted from Palliative Adult Network Guidelines (PANG) 2016 and other reliable sources.
View and download the guidelines here:
- Cancer Pain
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Syringe Drivers
- Identifying Dying
- Prescribing Medication Guidelines for Anticipatory Last Days of Life
- Supportive Discussions with Patients