Dedicate a leaf to a loved one and create a lasting memory for your and your family
The St Clare Memory Tree stands in the heart of the Hospice reception, bringing comfort to families and friends that have lost someone special to them. The Memory Tree features hundreds of bronze, silver and gold leaves, each bearing a special message or name of someone special.
Every leaf engraved will not only be creating a special tribute, it will also be helping St Clare to continue providing our specialist care to local people, and their families. It costs more than £5 million year to fund our care and support services for local people. This means that, together, we have to raise over £8,000 in voluntary income each and every day.
“From the moment we walked into St Clare’s it was just like every single thing you could possibly worry about was taken away. Our life would have been so different without the help of St Clare’s and I believe everyone should have the opportunity to experience their amazing care.”
Making a dedication in memory of a loved one is easy do to:
We offer three types of leaf and ask for a suggested donation for each leaf you order. Your leaf(s) will stay on our Memory Tree for a year, after which you will be offered the chance to renew it or have it returned to you as a keepsake. You can donate for the entire year up front, or as twelve monthly smaller donations by direct debit.
£85 could pay for five hours of counselling support for a bereaved family.
£256 could pay for eight home visits from one of our clinical nurse specialists.
£592 could pay for 24 hours of care for a patient in our Inpatient Unit.
Please read the Memory Tree Terms and Conditions below, and click the button to order your Memory Tree leaf. By ordering a leaf you are agreeing to the terms below. You will then be transferred to our secure ordering system to choose your leaf and make a donation.
Terms & conditions
- On receipt of your order form your request will be granted subject to approval of the inscription, availability of leaves and remaining space being available on the Memory Tree.
- St Clare reserves the right to refuse any application at its discretion.
- St Clare retains complete control over the location and dates of installation of all leaves on the Memory Tree.
- Leaves are bronze, silver and gold in colour.
- Each leaf can only hold up to 58 characters including punctuation and spaces.
- The name engraved on your leaf will appear exactly as entered so please check spelling carefully.
- Payee is able to request a different inscription and choice of leaf at point of annual renewal.
- Payee must inform the Fundraising team of any changes to their contact details.
- If the payee is uncontactable at time of renewal, the leaf will be removed and stored safely at the Hospice.
- In exceptional circumstances St Clare reserves the right to relocate the Memory Tree.
- St Clare are able to change the suggested donation of each leaf should they need to.
Thank you to Oakmont Construction for sponsoring our Memory Tree.