An event for local people who support someone close living with dementia, in West Essex and East Hertfordshire
We are holding an Introduction to Namaste Dementia Care event, intended for unpaid carers looking after people living with advanced dementia across West Essex and East Hertfordshire. This event will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 10th February at 10am – 12 noon.
This introductory course is intended for people who are caring for those living with advanced dementia, such as a family member or friend.
The Namaste Care Dementia Support project has been made possible thanks to funding from the Essex Community Fund. This pilot project aims to train and empower both unpaid carers and paid care staff to deliver high-quality, compassionate care to local people living with advanced dementia.
Namaste Care is an internationally-recognised care programme which teaches you to use simple activities that include sensory stimulation of our five senses (touch, hearing, sight, smell and taste) to help people with dementia connect and engage with others. The word ‘Namaste’ is a Hindi greeting that means to ‘honour the spirit within,’ and is the guiding principle of Namaste Care. Multi-sensory activities can involve music, food and drink and can also include therapeutic touch and massage. These basic principles are simple to learn and easy to put into practice when caring for someone with dementia.
- Education and information on what advanced dementia is
- Insight into how to support people with advanced dementia to live well, and with dignity, until the end of life
- Techniques to help carers offer and provide Namaste Care to the people they support
- An opportunity to meet and connect with other carers
- Ongoing support, and monthly meetings with Namaste Champions and peers from the training course
- Advice and guidance from trained Namaste Champions at St Clare Hospice
Following on from this introductory course, attendees will be invited to join a Namaste Network Group, where they will be able to share their experiences, and successes from putting Namaste care into practice.
Book your place
To book your place on this event, please visit Eventbrite at: eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-to-namaste-dementia-care-for-carers-tickets-133686659397