St Clare Hospice’s first ever Virtual 5K
In response to the current Coronavirus pandemic leading to the postponement of a number of our running challenges, we bring you the first ever St Clare Virtual 5K Run.
As many of you will have seen in the news, multiple running events are being cancelled and postponed and this can be very disappointing to the runners who have trained for months for these events.
Sadly, charities are set to lose millions of pounds due to the current COVID-19 outbreak affecting fundraising events and challenges, so it would be great to get as many of our supporters and their friends and families involved!
This Virtual 5K is the perfect way to make the training miles count whilst also supporting St Clare Hospice. As this is a virtual event, you can participate in your own time, and in a place of your choice – be it at home or in a local park. Just be sure to do it safely, and in line with the latest government advice.
Complete the challenge in 5 easy steps:
- Enter online – £10 to enter (or £20 with a limited edition St Clare t-shirt) T-shirts available in S – XXL Unisex adult
- Complete 5k in your own time, before Thursday 30th April
- Send us proof of your 5K distance! Either a screenshot of your tracker app e.g. Strava, Garmin, Runkeeper, or a photo of your treadmill display, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encourage friends and family to join in too!
- All entries receive a St Clare Hospice 2020 Virtual 5K medal and certificate upon completion