Coronavirus update – 21st July
We are starting to reopen our network of charity shops and plan to have all nine shops open by the first week of August. Please check back on our website here to check which stores are open.
To keep our teams and visitors safe, we have implemented the following safety procedures within our re-opened shops:
- Hand-sanitising stations
- 2m social distancing is in place
- All stock is kept in storage for 48 hours after donation
- We are encouraging contactless and card payments where possible
- Perspex screens installed at till points
All of our shops are now able to take donations, but please note that furniture donations must be brought to our Harlow Edinburgh Way store or our Donation Centre and Outlet Store in Bishop’s Stortford. Our furniture collection service remains temporarily suspended, however, we will release an update on this service in due course. We kindly also ask that you do not leave any donations outside any of our shops, or Donation Centre. Please ensure your donations are taken by a member of the shop team.
Thank you so much for your continued support. We can’t wait to welcome you all back into our shops soon.
You can continue to keep shopping with us online, from the comfort of your own home, by visiting our eBay store. Please visit ebay.co.uk/str/stclarehospice
We apologise for any inconvenience. To read our latest updates and guidance on how we are responding to the Coronavirus outbreak, please visit stclarehospice.org.uk/coronavirus
We need your donations
Our shops rely on your generous goodwill donations. Every item we receive helps us raise vital income for the Hospice. Goods to donate can be dropped off at any of our eight outlets during opening hours. We also offer a free collection service for larger items of furniture.
St Clare is your local charity, and we appreciate whatever you have to give. Our vital care serves families in the local community, and we are always happy to receive donations to support us. We have shops in Buckhurst Hill, Great Dunmow, Debden, Harlow, Epping, Bishop’s Stortford and Saffron Walden.
Find your nearest shop and donate your old clothes, furniture, electronics, games, kitchen items, bric-a-brac or whatever today!
We are currently looking for
Do you have an unwanted sofa? Is your old dining room table just taking up room? St Clare run a free collection service for furniture, and we’re in need of quality pieces. Call our Harlow shop on 01279 639752 or email email@example.com to arrange a collection or use our convenient furniture donation form here.
As well as donating goods, our shops are also grateful if you donate your time. If you can spare a few hours a week to volunteer in one of our shops, you can help us make a difference. We are also looking for eBay Volunteers to help post goods online for auctions.
We are grateful for the generous donations given to support our caring work, however we are unable to accept goods that are damaged or in poor condition.
We do not accept the following:
- Children’s clothing with a drawstring on the neck/hood
- Child safety seats, prams, pushchairs, cots and carry cots, cot mattresses and bumpers, baby slings
- Skateboards, skates, slides, swings
- Toys which are unsafe (ie with sharp edges)
- Soft toys which do not have a CE label attached
- Cigarettes and tobacco products, ash trays
- Pillows, duvets, eiderdowns
- Chemical products, paint, varnishes
- Food or drink
- Gas or oil appliances, batteries
- Razors, broken or chipped glass or china, corkscrews, scissors, weapons
- Crash helmets, cycle helmets, riding hats, protective clothing or equipment of any kind
- Exercise equipment without the manufacturer’s instructions
- Counterfeit items including DVDs and designer goods
- DVDs without a British Board of Film classification, video tapes
- Items marked as ‘not for resale’
- Fur goods
- Earrings for pierced ears
Also please note that all soft furnishings must have fire labels attached or St Clare is unable to sell them.
To arrange a collection or delivery, please Contact us.