We need you!
We are looking for a skilled and friendly individual to join our Hospice team as a Clinical Administrative Support Volunteer, to support the our clinical team in administrative duties such as information gathering and data input.
What are the key tasks of this role?
- Uploading data into Excel spreadsheets
- Comprehensive experience of using a database
- Scanning documents via the photocopier and uploading/saving data as required
- Contacting outside agencies by telephone and email
- Manually putting together information packs for people who have experienced bereavement
- Photo-copying documents / departmental forms
Working hours: Flexible
What skills, experience or personal qualities will I need?
- Good IT skills – the role will include regular use of Microsoft Office programmes (Excel and Outlook in particular) and you will need to be a confident user of these programmes.
- Experience of working with data inputting and use of a database
- Excellent attention to detail for data entry tasks.
- Some tasks may be repetitive e.g. making packs and photo-copying, so you will need to be happy completing such tasks, and able to retain focus to complete fully and correctly.
- Friendly and approachable
- Good telephone manner
- Good written English for emails
- Some previous experience of carrying out administrative duties may be beneficial.
- Happy to operate as part of a team as well as more independently when required
The difference this role makes to St Clare Hospice…
Your support will help us meet our strategic aims of:
- Supporting our communities to become more resilient, to support each other and to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Seeking partnerships with other organisations to deliver better care for our patients.
- Growing as a strong, sustainable and effective organisation.
Underpinning our core Values
By volunteering with us, you’ll be part of a community that celebrates St Clare Hospice’s core values of compassion, integrity, respect, excellence and team work. Everyone who is a part of the St Clare team is expected to embody this approach to their work, ensuring that our Hospice can continue improving and meeting the needs of local people facing death, dying and loss.
Please click on the image below to enlarge it.
For more information about this role, including: the benefits you can expect when joining our Hospice; the training and support you will be given in your role; and other details about volunteering with St Clare, please read the full Volunteer Role Description.
Apply to volunteer in this role
Thank you for your interest! If you think you’d be a good match for this exciting volunteering role at St Clare, we’d love to hear from you.
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.