We are looking for a skilled and friendly individual to join our Hospice team as an e-Commerce Sorter & Valuer!
St Clare Hospice shops rely on the generosity of the public to donate goods for us to sell. We recognise that some of the items donated can get a higher sale price if sold online and so we have eBay and Depop shops too. St Clare Hospice are looking to grow our e-Commerce trading and need people with an interest and/or skills who can helps us make a real difference by supporting us to grow this vital income stream.
What are the key tasks of this role?
- This is a new role set up to support our e-Commerce department. Tasks may include visiting shops and donors to source suitable stock for our e-Commerce platforms.
- Supporting the team and donors with identifying suitable stock.
- Prioritise goods coming in.
- Research the potential value of items where required.
- Respond to team and donor queries in a professional, timely and helpful manner.
- Liaise with the customers regarding payments.
- Pack and ship items safely/securely.
- Explore and identify ways to increase donations to the e-Commerce department.
Please note that we can accommodate volunteers who may wish to focus on specific element of this process i.e. photographing, listing or packaging items.
What skills, experience or personal qualities will I need?
- Have a proficient level of IT skills.
- Be able to drive, have access to a vehicle and a willingness to drive to our locations in Cambs, Essex and Herts. Or be happy to take public transport to these locations.
- Be able to communicate politely verbally and clearly in written English, ensuring that any queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be able to work in a logical and consistent way, providing a clear handover to other team members.
- Have interest in technology, computer games, fashion and modern collectables may be beneficial, but isn’t essential.
The difference this role makes to St Clare Hospice…
Your support will help us meet our strategic aims of:
- Reaching significantly more people who are facing death, dying and loss in our local communities.
- Supporting our communities to become more resilient, to support each other and to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Seeking partnerships with other organisations to deliver better care for our patients.
Underpinning our core Values
By volunteering with us, you’ll be part of a community that celebrates St Clare Hospice’s core values of compassion, integrity, respect, excellence and team work. Everyone who is a part of the St Clare team is expected to embody this approach to their work, ensuring that our Hospice can continue improving and meeting the needs of local people facing death, dying and loss.
Please click on the image below to enlarge it.
For more information about this role, including: the benefits you can expect when joining our Hospice; the training and support you will be given in your role; and other details about volunteering with St Clare, please read the full Volunteer Role Description.
Apply to volunteer in this role
Thank you for your interest! If you think you’d be a good match for this exciting volunteering role at St Clare, we’d love to hear from you.
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.