The difference you will make:
St Clare Hospice is a local charity and each year we care for hundreds of people across West Essex and the East Hertfordshire border. We provide free, compassionate care and support to adults with life-limiting illnesses, their families and carers.
It costs over £4 million each year to provide our vital services (including clinical and support services) and with limited NHS funding, we need to fundraise for most of this. The St Clare Trading Company runs 9 charity shops and all of the profits are passed directly to St Clare Hospice.
St Clare Hospice shops rely on the generosity of the public to donate goods for us to sell. As some of the items donated would get a higher sale price if advertised online we have an eBay shop too, and over the last year we have significantly grown our online / e-commerce trading.
In this role you will be part of the wider eBay team, helping to prepare items that have been sold for delivery. You will be a vital cog in the team and will help us to grow this vital income stream.
What you will be doing:
Duties may include:
- Carefully wrapping items to be sent out.
- Franking parcels and letters using internal franking machine.
- Arranging parcel collections with courier (desirable).
- Marking items as dispatched via eBay website (desirable).
- Sorting and preparing packaging material for storage.
- Ordering stationary and packaging supplies.
- Identifying stored items in the warehouse.
The skills / experience / personal qualities you will need:
- Care and attention.
- Enjoy recycling.
- Good team working skills.
- Some computer skills are desirable but not essential.
The time you will be asked to commit:
A morning or afternoon per week minimum.
The support you will be given will include:
- Induction from the by the E-commerce Manager.
- Day to day help from other team members.
- You will be supervised in your role by the E-commerce Manager.
The benefits you can expect:
- Become part of a friendly and supportive team.
- Develop skills and confidence.
- Meet new people.
- Day to day support from a designated member of staff.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed when agreed in advance.
St Clare Hospice, Hastingwood Road, Hastingwood near Harlow, Essex, CM17 9JX
How to apply:
Complete our short online application form here: https://stclarehospice.org.uk/st-clare-volunteer-application-form/
Or contact Rob Wallace Voluntary Services Manager by phone: 01279 773722 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org