We need you!
The role of a Shed Supervisor is to oversee, and provide safe, practical sessions of the Men’s Shed, in our Community Space at the Hospice in Hastingwood. You’ll have a keen interest in DIY and love to tinker around with woodwork projects! Please note, all necessary health and safety training will be provided to support you in this role.
What are the key tasks of the Shed Supervisor role at St Clare Hospice?
- Be the point of contact for new membership and general shed enquiries.
- Be the point of contact between shed members and St Clare Hospice staff.
- Set up and clear away the sessions tools and activities.
- Help to engage and support shed members to take part in activities.
- Ensure the Health and Safety guidelines are available and disseminated to members.
- Ensure safe working practices are followed and a safe environment is maintained.
- Monitor members use of tools and ensure they are competent and safe to use said tools.
- Ensure the sheds Code of Conduct is adhered to.
- Promote friendly conversation within the group.
- Be able to make a good, strong cup of tea and keep the biscuit tin well stocked.
What skills, experience or personal qualities will I need?
- Ability to help with practical tasks.
- An interest in DIY or possess practical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidence in meeting new people, talking and socialising with them.
- Ability to encourage participation in session activities.
- Willing to take direction from Community Engagement team.
The difference you will make as Shed Supervisor
Your support will help us meet our strategic aims of:
- Reaching significantly more people who are facing death, dying and loss in our local communities.
- Supporting our communities to become more resilient, to support each other and to remain independent for as long as possible.
Underpinning our core Values
By volunteering with us, you’ll be part of a community that celebrates St Clare Hospice’s core values of compassion, integrity, respect, excellence and team work.
Everyone who is a part of the St Clare team is expected to embody this approach to their work, ensuring that our Hospice can continue improving and meeting the needs of local people facing death, dying and loss.
Please click on the image below to enlarge it.
For more information about this role, including: the benefits you can expect when joining our Hospice; the training and support you will be given in your role; and other details about volunteering with St Clare, please read the full Volunteer Role Description.
Apply to volunteer in this role
Thank you for your interest! If you think you’d be a good match for this exciting volunteering role at St Clare, we’d love to hear from you.
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.