What is hospice, palliative and end of life care?
Hospices specialise in palliative and end of life care for people who are facing a terminal or life-limiting illness, or who are coming to the end of their lives.
Palliative care is holistic support, right from the point of the diagnosis of a terminal illness. Palliative care is offered when a ‘cure’ for an illness is no longer possible.
End of life care is support during the last few days or weeks of a person’s life.
Here at St Clare Hospice, our compassionate, holistic and person-centred care supports local people in West Essex and East Hertfordshire who are living with a terminal or life-limiting illness, who are coming to the end of their lives due to old age and frailty, and who are experiencing loss and bereavement.
What care does St Clare Hospice offer?
We offer a range of free, palliative and end of life care services to suit the needs of all local people who are facing death, dying and bereavement. We also offer community-based, volunteer-led support to help support local people in relation to living, and dying, well.
Hospice care at St Clare is varied, and aims to provide a holistic approach to a person’s overall wellbeing. Our support ranges from:
- Specialist, medical care, either on our Inpatient Unit or through our Hospice at Home and Community Palliative Care Team
- Therapeutic support via our Therapy Services to help people manage their illness and live well independently
- Therapeutic, emotional and social support through our Wellbeing Hub
- Psychological, emotional, spiritual and practical support designed to help people navigate their journey
- Bereavement support, tailored to a person’s needs – whether their loss was recent or a long time ago
- Community-based services to help support local people’s overall wellbeing
Get in touch
If you’d like to find out more about any of St Clare Hospice’s services, please take a look around our website. If you’d like to speak to a member of the St Clare team, we’d love to hear from you:
Call us on 01279 773700