The Bereavement Café Project
Here at St Clare, we feel that some of the most meaningful support you may experience when you have been bereaved, is through connecting with others who have had similar experiences.
Our Bereavement Café project aims to connect local people together, to support each other throughout grief. Everyone is welcome to access this free, community-led service – whether your loss was recent, or a long time ago.
Our Café events and our online communities (which we host through Facebook), offer a safe space to meet others; speak about our experiences; ask questions; share resources; and make new friends.
Come along to a Bereavement Café event in person
Find your local Café
St Clare Hospice, Hastingwood (BOOKING REQUIRED)
St Clare Hospice, Hastingwood Road, Hastingwood, CM17 9JX
Every Friday, 1.30pm – 3pm
Please note: In line with other healthcare providers in England, St Clare Hospice will continue to implement protective measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in order to protect our vulnerable patients and staff. We are no longer offering a drop-in system for this event, and we are capping the number to 12 people for each Café.
Therefore, you must book your place before attending our Bereavement Café at St Clare Hospice (CM17 9JX). See below for details.
- To book your place at our Bereavement Café please ring Dan on 01279 594475. You can only book from the Monday – same week as the Café.
- You must register a negative Lateral Flow Test on the government website before you attend. The test must be taken on the day of your attendance. You will be required to show evidence of your negative result. If you are not able to do this before you come, we will be able to offer you a test at the Hospice, and you must test negative before you can join the group.
- Please wear a face covering and keep it on whilst moving around the hospice. You can take it off if you are sitting down.
- Please maintain a social distance from each other.
- If you feel unwell, please, for the safety of our fellow attendees, staff and volunteers, do not attend. Wait until you feel well again.
- Wrap up warm! As we will be ventilating the room, please make sure you come in suitable clothing as it will be colder than usual.
Hemnall Street Social Club, Epping
50 Hemnall Street,Epping, CM16 4LS
The second Monday of the month, 10am – 11.30am
Youth Bereavement Café, Harlow
Phoenix Lounge, Harvey Centre, Harlow, CM20 1XR
The first Thursday of the month, 7pm – 8.30pm
Crafton Green House, Stansted
Crafton Green House, 72 Chapel Hill, Stansted, Essex, CM24 8AQ
The first Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11.30am
Salvation Army, Saffron Walden
Salvation Army, 5 Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden CB10 1AG
The third Thursday of the month, 10am – 11.30am (Starting 18th November)
Old Park Meadow, Great Dunmow
Old Park Meadow Natural Burial Ground, Coppice Lane, North End, Nr Great Dunmow CM6 3PL
The third Wednesday of the month, 10am – 11.30am
If you’d like to find out more, or talk to a member of the team about our Bereavement Cafés, please call our free Bereavement Support Helpline on 01279 967670. Lines are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Join your local Bereavement Café online community
Our Bereavement Café online communities aim to connect local, bereaved people together via Facebook and online video conferencing service, Zoom.
Click on a link below to visit your Bereavement Café Facebook Group:
Our Bereavement Café Facebook groups are moderated by trained St Clare Hospice Bereavement Café Facilitator volunteers, who aim to encourage a supportive and welcoming space for all participants to benefit from.
Take part in a virtual Bereavement Café meeting via Zoom:
You can also connect with others in a Bereavement Café group video call, which we are hosting via Zoom with the support of a trained St Clare Facilitator. You can use your computer, smart phone or tablet to log in to Zoom – or you can call in via the telephone.
Our virtual Bereavement Café meetings are running on:
- Every Tuesday at 10.30am – 11.30am
- First Wednesday of every month at 7pm – 8pm
- Every Thursday at 11am – 12pm
To book your place at a Bereavement Café meeting via Zoom, please call our Bereavement Support Helpline on 01279 967670.
Youth Bereavement Café (YBC)
Our Youth Bereavement Café (YBC) offers a space for young and bereaved people (aged 18-30) to meet and connect with others who have had similar experiences to their own. On Facebook and Instagram, you can join a supportive and growing community full of other young people who understand. From meeting new people, to understanding your grief and finding helpful resources; our YBC social media is open to everyone to use in a way that suits your needs.
Click here to visit and join the YBC Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/youthbereavementcafe
Click here to visit and join the YBC Instagram page: instagram.com/youthbereavementcafe
Looking for extra support?
Our Wellbeing Hub offers a variety of supportive services that you could benefit from. Take a look at our calendar of events below to see what’s on this week! You can also click on the ‘Month’ and ‘Agenda’ tabs to view the calendar in different date formats.
For more information about these services, please click the links below:
- Living Well Programme and Groups
- St Clare Community Hub
- Café Clare
- Bereavement Cafés
- Children’s Bereavement Support Group