Welcome to our weekly coffee shop on Friday mornings!
Café Clare is our weekly coffee shop event, hosted at St Clare Hospice (Hastingwood) every Friday morning from 10am – 12pm.
Just like a regular high-street coffee shop, Café Clare offers a place to meet and connect with other local people in the beautiful setting of your local hospice. Catch up with friends in our open and spacious Dining Room with breakfast bites, tea and coffee at great prices for you to enjoy.
In line with other healthcare providers in England, St Clare Hospice will continue to implement protective measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in order to protect our vulnerable patients and staff. Therefore we kindly ask you to adhere to the following requirements when you visit Café Clare:
- You must register a negative Lateral Flow Test on the government website before you attend. The test must be taken on the day of your attendance. You will be required to show evidence of your negative result. If you are not able to do this before you come, we will be able to offer you a test at the Hospice, and you must test negative before you can join the group.
- Please wear a face covering and keep it on whilst moving around the hospice. You can take it off if you are sitting down.
- Please maintain a social distance from each other.
- If you feel unwell, please, for the safety of our fellow attendees, staff and volunteers, do not attend. Wait until you feel well again.
- Wrap up warm! As we will be ventilating the room, please make sure you come in suitable clothing as it will be colder than usual.
Connect at Café Clare through Facebook!
Our Café Clare Facebook Group offers a space for local people in West Essex and East Hertfordshire to connect with each other and their local hospice charity.
Everyone is welcome to join our Café Clare Facebook Group. Whether you already have a link to St Clare, or you’re looking to build a connection with our hospice; we’d love you to join and say ‘hello’.
The Group is there for you to use in a way that best suits you. It is both a place where our regular Café Clare coffee shop visitors can meet and connect, and a space for our patients and service users to chat to their peers. We welcome people who have not yet made contact with our Hospice to join, to meet others and join our St Clare community. It’s a Group all about people, and making connections with others – where everyone is valued and welcome.
The Group is moderated by St Clare Hospice staff to ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all local people.
If you’d like to join our Café Clare Facebook Group, please visit facebook.com/groups/cafeclare
Got a question about St Clare?
Café Clare is the perfect opportunity to find out more about your local hospice and the supportive services we have on offer. At Café Clare, you are welcome to come and speak with our staff and volunteers about how you may want to get involved with St Clare and access our support, whilst getting a feel for the hospice itself during your visit.
You’re also welcome to enquire about supporting our hospice charity, whether it be through fundraising initiatives or by joining our volunteering teams.
If you want to speak to someone at the Hospice, Café Clare is the place to be!
Take a look around…
Looking for extra support?
Our Wellbeing Hub offers a variety of supportive services that you could benefit from. Take a look at our calendar of events below to see what’s on this week! You can also click on the ‘Month’ and ‘Agenda’ tabs to view the calendar in different date formats.
For more information about these services, please click the links below: