COVID update: 14th December 2020
In the light of the Government announcement that Epping Forest will be moving into Tier 3 restrictions from Wednesday 16th December, we would like to reassure all those booked to attend Light up a Life services at the Hospice that these events will still be going ahead.
Our planned COVID secure measures are in line with Tier 3 restrictions and have been put in place to keep you all safe, and to enable us to put on this series of uplifting and meaningful remembrance services this festive season.
Can we please just remind everyone that you need to keep within your family groups at all times, and not to mix with any other households for the duration of your time on the Hospice site.
For anyone attending the services, please see below a reminder of the measures in place at the event, and read this before attending your selected service this week:
- Only attend the service you have registered for, these events are all ticketed and capped.
- Please approach the member of staff at the service area entrance upon arrival, they will sign you in.
- Where possible, please car share with your group as we are limited on car parking spaces.
- We are adhering to the ‘rule of 6’, therefore you cannot be in a group larger than 6. If you have registered a group larger than 6, you will need to be separated into smaller groups no larger than 6.
- The services are taking place in a closed off part of our main car park. Each group will be allocated a parking space, please do not leave this space until you have been instructed to do so, or in case of an emergency. Groups will be placed in every other space, therefore there will be sufficient social distancing between each group.
- You are not required to wear face coverings as these services are outdoors.
- There will be no access to the Hospice building for Light up a Life attendees, therefore we unfortunately cannot offer toilet facilities.
- If you or a member of your group has experienced COVID symptoms or returned a positive Coronavirus test within the last 2 weeks, please do not attend.
- We unfortunately will not be serving any refreshments this year.
- Wrap up warm as we have been experiencing some colder weather the last few weeks.
Light up a Life is a celebration of everything that St Clare stands for – standing side by side with families from across our community in honour of their loved ones who are no longer with us. We know how much our annual Light up a Life services mean to so many local families, so we are doing our very best to make arrangements so that these events can take place safely throughout December.
Join our Virtual Light up a Life service
On Saturday 12th December at 4:30pm, we will be hosting a live stream of our Virtual Light up a Life service via the St Clare Hospice Facebook page. The link to our YouTube video will also go live, below, at 4:30pm on 12th December, so check back on this page then to watch it premiere!
You can tune in online, with your friends, family and other members of the local community, to celebrate and honour the life of a loved one during the festive season.
The Virtual Light up a Life service will include carols, a reflection from our Chaplain Ann Kosla and readings from staff at the Hospice. You’ll also have a chance to light your own candle to remember your loved ones – so please come prepared with a candle to light if you wish to.
You will also be able to view our Virtual Light up a Life service in your own time throughout December. You can watch the service below, or click here to visit our YouTube channel.
Join a Light up a Life service at the Hospice
This year, we will be offering five Light up a Life services here at the Hospice, and we would love for you to join us!
Please note, the Hospice-based services will we held outside and are ticketed with limited capacity due to social distancing regulations. Tickets will be issued on a first-come-first-serve policy so please book your place by clicking the button below, as soon as possible.
We still have some tickets remaining for the mid-week services. So please do get in touch below and book yours now. Deadline for tickets is Friday 11th December 2020.
The services will include recorded music, and readings in the company of those who understand. Candles are lit at each service, every shining light representing the life and memories of a loved one. Everyone, of all faiths and none, is welcome to attend these free services, not just those who have experienced St Clare’s support first-hand.
Dedicate a Light up a Life Star
You are now able to request your own Light up a Life Star for you to write a special message of remembrance. In return for a donation, your Star will be displayed around the Hospice throughout December. You will be able to see images of your Stars on our social media channels as we are still unable to welcome you into the Hospice due to covid-19 regulations.
You can request your Stars by clicking on the button above or by calling the Fundraising Team on 01279 773 750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then post them out to you to complete and send back.
St Clare Book of Remembrance
The St Clare Book of Remembrance offers you the opportunity to make a personal dedication to your loved ones. This year, the Book of Remembrance will be digital only and available to access here on the St Clare website in due course. Please see below link for this year’s online Book of Remembrance:
Submissions for our Book of Remembrance are now closed.
If you have any further questions regarding this year’s Light up a Life services, please get in touch our Fundraising Team on 01279 773 750 or email email@example.com
Here for you – our Bereavement Support
Please click here to find out more about our free bereavement services, available to anyone in West Essex and East Herts who has lost someone close – whether recent, or a long time ago.